All Weather Continuous Performance Blast Rooms - Starting as low as $32,000
Blast-One designs and builds Blast and Paint Rooms for many Industrial Applications - from small containerized blast rooms which start as low as $32,000 - to Multi-Million Dollar Blast and Paint facilities for Ship Sections. We design and construct the blast and paint room to suit your application and your budget. Simply tell us what you're trying to do, and we'll work with you and your team to ensure you can get it done in the time frame required, and your budget constraints
Design and Construction of Blast Rooms
To ensure a high production and low maintenance from Blast Rooms, it is essential they are carefully designed.
There are several crucial elements you should be familiar with before you begin your project. Educate yourself today and download the booklet 25 Critical components to assess before spending a dime on a Blast Room.
- Walls should be constructed from steel plate suitably stiffened to prevent buckling. All interior surfaces should be free from any protrusion inside the chamber to avoid collecting dust and abrasive.
- Lighting is of paramount importance to provide sufficient visibility levels for the operator to easily see inside angles, corners, cleats or around complex fabricated items. Lights should never be mounted inside a Blast Room.
- Doors should be open to allow full access to the Room to utilize the entire size of the chamber. Floor grating and the associated support structure should be engineered to handle the loading levels necessary.
Recovery Systems range from 100% area under-floor systems to simple sweeping hopper systems. A Recovery System that has 100% floor recovery allows maximum productivity as operators never need be involved in handling spent abrasive. [An alternative to this is a 25% or 50% floor area recovery system that requires daily operator sweeping to recycle all abrasives]. When the spent abrasive falls through the floor grating, it is collected by a conveyor, typically a screw conveyor or an oscillating tray conveyor - which transports the abrasive across to a bucket elevator and Abrasive Cleaning Station. Oscillating Tray Conveyors are a reliable self-cleaning low maintenance and low profile solution to efficient under floor recovery requirements.
Blast Room Dust Collectors
A Dust Collector is a vital part of any Blast Chamber. It provides ventilation inside the chamber and it cleans contaminants from the exhaust air. It is essential that the Dust Collector is carefully selected to suit the size of the Blast Chamber, to maintain visibility and required air velocity in the room. In general, the larger the cross section of the Blast Chamber, the larger the Dust Collector. Blast-One can assist in all design and engineering calculations. A Dry Cartridge Collector offers high efficiency dust filtration . Dust is trapped on specially designed cartridges which are automatically cleaned by a Smart Pulse™ cleaning system. Dust is collected in bins for easy disposal.
Main Features of a Performance Blast Room
There are 5 main components in a Performance Blasting Chamber.
- The chamber itself which includes lights, rugged doors and normally a line heavy duty steel plate on all surfaces to resist abrasion from ricochet. The room must also have correctly sized air entry and exit plenums for efficient ventilation without allowing abrasive to escape.
- The Dust Collection and Ventilation system provides sufficient airflow in the Blast Room to keep dust levels low, increase operator visibility and to quickly clear the room of dust when blasting ceases.
- An Abrasive Recovery System - normally under-floor - conveys the spent abrasive to a central point for recycling and cleaning. And efficient recovery system will collect automatically from 100% of the floor area or just from part of the floor requiring operators to sweep abrasive to the system.
- The Abrasive Recycling and Cleaning Unit will clean the used abrasive by separating all dusts, fines, paint flakes and trash from the good reusable abrasive. The abrasive is then stored ready to be used again.
- Blasting Pots, Hoses and Nozzles are selected to suit the Blast Room function. Typically multiple outlets are installed to allow more than one operator to blast continuously.
Free Blast Room Report Request Form